Saturday, October 22, 2011

Trunk or Treat

Our ward had our Truck-or-Treat super early this year and on a Tuesday night.
So, to say I was unprepared may be an understatement, but by luck and by the hairs of our chinny chin chins, the kids costumes from last year fit, I got the chili done in time and we had bought a bag of candy during grocery shopping on Saturday.

Kyah was delighted to be Tiana again - really anything princess makes this girl happy.

And Jax, he was less than thrilled to be Superman again.  Even though the fake muscles look cool, those huge pectorals poke him in the throat.  My favorite part of his costume?  The fact that he was two hero is one... he is totally wearing a Spiderman hoodie under his costume because he was freezing.


These pictures aren't great and aren't really anything to show, but I LOVE that Jax is holding Kyah's hand and leading her around.  Stuff like that just doesn't happen nearly often enough and I wanted to keep this memory of my kids being sweet to each other.  Jax is a great big brother and when Kyah was smaller he always took great care of her, but now that's she's four and has attitude they have a tendency to act like siblings more than friends.
But, this  - I LOVE!!

No comments:

Post a Comment