Thursday, October 20, 2011

Pumpkin Carving

For FHE this week we carved pumpkins... not just any pumpkins but home grown - from our garden pumpkins.  The kids loved going out to the garden and picking their pumpkins and then getting to bring them in to carve.


Notice all the slime on Kyah's hands?  Being a little OCD (I can admit it) I usually clean out the pumpkins for the kids, not this year... this year I cut the tops off and gave them a bowl and a spoon.
Kyah was a little hesitant and first but five minutes later she had both hands in the bowl of
"guts" and was sqwishing it through her fingers and giggling.


Jaxon was uncomfortable with the idea from the word Go.  Poor kid he is definately his mother's child.  The photo above is his first attempt to start the cleaning process, as soon as the picture was taken he pulled his hand out and asked for a napkin.  Hahaha!  I love that kid!
I told him he'd be okay until he was finished and then we'd wash him off good.

Oh yum!!  Pumpkin guts for dessert!
I love to hear these kids giggle - it might be the best sound on earth - and pumpkin guts
definately had them giggling!

Our bestest partners in crime.

No comments:

Post a Comment